1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer VSX-D811 opinions?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Iain Shields, Jul 30, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Iain Shields

Iain Shields

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'm interested in purchasing this amp as the specs seem to be just what I'm after, but living where I do, there arn't too many places to demo recievers never mind even having any to demo.

I know it's a new product but I would be gratefull for any opinions by anyone who has seen it on his/her travels...

Any info on the best price for it would also be great, the best I've come up with is £329.99 + £20 p&p to N.Ireland...

Thanks in advance,

Iain.

2. Iain Shields

Iain Shields

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I take it from the lack of replies that the amp isn't in the shops yet?...

Does anybody know when it's due?

Thanks,
    Iain.

3. wise1

wise1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I bought mine from HifiBitz last week for the grand sum of £330.

Unfortunatley I'm a newbie to all this so my knowledge and ability to compare is more than limited. Anyway I bought the AMP purely for its optical inputs and 6.1 capability - I was trying to by an amp that was "future proof" (well as "future proof" as I thought!).

First impressions so far have been - naff manual, but good amp and nice remote. Nice sound from my Mission Cinema 72 speakers and Yamaha 320 Sub.

Very impressed so far - but then I might be easily impressed :)

BTW my only previous cinema sound experiences wer my Pace MS1000 sat and subsequently my Philips surround sound TV. This is def an improvement!

4. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It certainly does look an impressive piece of kit for the money. Earlier Pioneer recievers have not been top-drawer in terms of audio but they are pretty good. There are no reviews of this model yet so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Anyway, it will be OK and I doubt you'll be dissapointed. Whether there are better amps for the money (Marantz5200, Yam 630) is a different matter. Up to you really.

5. yonderblue

yonderblue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    O'No looks like that is another one to consider, I am in a dilemma to what to buy either a Yamaha 630, Kenwood KRF-X9060S, Sony 1080 or now this the Pioneer VSX-D811 to match with Mission FSAV2's hmmmm .

Scott

6. crawler

crawler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the 811 takes benefit from it s 6.1 output