1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer VSX-D2011 Vs D1011

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Apnomis, Jul 4, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Apnomis

Apnomis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Hello again, I've pretty much made my mind up that my new Reciever will be a Pioneer because it has all the features I want and then some!

But I don't know which to get, I really like the 2011 but the 1011 seems virtually identical apart from the lack of a few features like auto MCACC via a Microphone.

Now finding the best prices on the net I've worked it out to be a £150 price difference between the two.

So my question is simply - Is it worth the extra £150 for the 2011 over the 1011 and why?

Thanks!

2. Fjorko

Fjorko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Get the AX10i and make it easy on yourself ! !:D :D :D :D - Just kidding

get the 2011 for sure!!! MCACC is more than worth the extra 150 !!!!! It makes a HUGE difference.

3. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't forget the AIR studios tuning on the 2011 and it also has a way better remote than the 1011.

4. Apnomis

Apnomis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Yes I must admit I love the remote control on the 2011! :smashin:

But I couldn't justify paying £150 just for the remote! That is why I thought I would check that the other extras are worth the extra investment!

Looks like I'll be getting a shiny new 2011:clap:

Now I need to get myself an extra pair of speakers for 7.1 ;)

5. hindutimes

hindutimes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apnomis,

I was once confused which one to buy and then I end up 2011 which I think I made a good decision even though £150 higher than 1011(hard to find though and too much hassle).

You won't regret it as it has some very good features compare to 1011. Below are the extra features of 2011.

Tweak by Air Studios
    Double layer chasis
    Trans Stabiliser
    Microphone for MCACC
    Auto MCACC
    Auto surround trim
    Delay
    Speaker system
    On-Screen Display (GUI)
    USB
    Phono input
    Component video in/out
    and lastly superb remote control

I have here the list for comparison in excel format. Let me know if you're interested. Post your email addy.

Be weary as I alrady heard some problems on 2011 considering they're brand new. I was once encountered jumping from DVD to Tuner mode while watching DVD movie and other guy posted here at the forum that his 2011 was auto power down after 5mins.....

Or just go for 1011 and use the extra £150 for some decent cables, stand, or plugs

cheerio

6. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    The 2011 is not brand new, in fact the replacement is due to appear in August, although at a higher price.

I have looked at many receivers in this price range and the 2011 seems to have the fewest problems of them all. In fact it only has 1, it doesn't like 4 Ohm speakers much. As it is rated for 6 Ohm speakers and above, you can't really complain if you pair it with 4 Ohm speakers and have problems.

7. hindutimes

hindutimes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    2011 is brand new in a sense straight from the factory - not secondhand.

It appears that you are pertaining to 2012. But in both cases, they're brand new....

8. hindutimes

hindutimes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I forgot to mention.....
    I agree that 2011 accepts speaker ohmic value from 6 and above but that is not a problem rather part of limitations set by Pioneer mid-range receiver.

The word problem means factory defects. It doesn't mean limitations.

cheerio

9. binky

binky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just a thought, but have you seen the new VSX-D912 - it's got the auto MCACC, and is priced about £400.

I took delivery from AVLand last week, and am very happy with it so far...

10. Apnomis

Apnomis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Speaking of the 2012, what improvements does it have over the 2011?

Apart from the iLink connection and the 9 band MACC (whatever that means!), will there be anything changed that will make me think "Damn if only I waited"?

Bare in mind too that I am getting the 2011 for £670 inc del, I would assume the 2012 won't be getting to that price point in a hurry?

On the subject of price points, is £670 the best price available for the 2011? I've heard not many e-tailers stock it because it is hard to get hold of, is that correct?

Thanks...

11. Mogli

Mogli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    9 Band MACC just means whereby at the moment the EQ setting have 5 bands the 2012 has 9 per channel. I am not sure if that and the Ilink are really worth the upgrade.

I think the 2012 also has a layered chasis (not actually sure what that is) and has gold plated ports on the back.

Thats about it as far as i know... i have probably missed out a couple of things though.

If you can get a 2011 (and they actually have one in stock!) for 680 i think your getting a good deal and would reccomend it.

Have you heard the 3803 which is also meant to be a good amp in that price range?

Cheers,

Hus

12. Apnomis

Apnomis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I looked at the Denon 3082 originally then the 3803, but the Pioneer seemed to have more "bells and whistles" for the money!

Fingers-crossed they can get it in stock for £662 (pp £8)

13. Malice

Malice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You look for bells and whistles in your amps? People usually complain if they hear a slight hum, never mind bells and whistles!! ;)

14. Ianfromnotts

Ianfromnotts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    2011 - For what its worth I think the sound equalisation sucks - loose dynamics it all goes flat Ive turned it all off -

15. jhjerpe

jhjerpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Regarding the 2011 and MACC, my understanding is that it EQ’s the speakers to match... so when you select ALL CHANELLS, the whole thing seems to go flat as it matches the fronts to the surround speakers. As most people won't have the same speakers at the back wouldn't it EQ down to the lowest quality speaker in the system?

Selecting Front Aligned seems to overcome this problem, as I assume the EQ is done to balance the LCR speakers.

I could be wrong, and I to have switched the MACC of, as I find the end result better.

16. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All of the MCACC calculations and EQing is based on whatever results the unit initially determines and sets up from the front left speaker - so make sure you're front left is in good working order before running it :)

It's also worth noting that the intially environment sensing is highly sensitive to any ambient noise. I've tried using the MCACC during the middle of the day and then again in the very early hours of the morning and the difference is quite surprising.

17. jhjerpe

jhjerpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    So what's the difference between ALL CHANELLS alligned and the FRONT alligned?

18. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ALL channel aligns ALL the channels to the front left speaker, FRONT channel aligns the FRONT channels only to the front left speaker...

Maybe Pioneer should have named the funtions more clearly.