1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer VSX D2011 S size/depth problem

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by juboy, Jan 14, 2003.

Tags:
  1. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wonder if anyone who has one of the new Pioneer 2011 amps can help me...

I'm thinking of buying one of these but have noticed that Pioneer claim a depth of the unit of 464mm. The stand I use for my amp is only 380mm deep, although the unit will be able to overhang.

The problem is, will the feet on the Pioneer be sufficiently far back from each edge of the unit for it to be placed on this stand? I guess they need to be at least 3cm from the edge for me to have any hope of it fitting on the stand. I've only had the stand since before Christmas and don't really want to have to buy another (it cost about £85).

Or, if the above wouldn't work out, are the feet removable? The stand already has isolation properties so this shouldn't be too much of a problem and I could always put it on cones if it is.

If anyone could help me with this problem I'd be grateful as it's the only thing currently preventing me from ordering it.

Thanks.

2. Godfather

Godfather

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +224
    I've got the same amp and it's very deep indeed. I won't be home for the next few days but I'll check it for you later (if no one else beats me to it).

3. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any updates Godfather? Thanks for your help in advance.

Also, could you maybe write a couple of pro's and con's for this amp from your experience please? I'd be grateful.