Pioneer VSX-D2011 incorrectly decoding discs

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by stigdu, Jan 30, 2005.

Tags:
  1. stigdu

stigdu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +316
    Hi all,

My Pioneer amp for the past 2 months has been showing the wrong audio information on the display and I don't know if I've played around with the settings and set it up wrongly or what.

It shows any 5.1 disc as THX SURR-EX and any vanilla DTS disc as DTS-ES even though the discs aren't recorded that way. It used to be fine!

Does anyone know what the problem might be?? :lease:

2. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's obviously something to do with the surround back channel. Somehow, you've managed to switch it on, so it's ao all the time.
    You need to flick through the manual and read up on how to make the surround back channel "manual" or "auto" - depending on whether you want the amp to automatically decode extended soundtracks or whether you want to select it manually. My advice would be to select "manual". The reason for this is because not all Dolby Digital EX discs are flagged - so if you have the amp set to "auto", it won't pick up the flag...be assured trhough, there is NOTHING wrong with your amp...it's a common mistake.

3. stigdu

stigdu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +316
    Thanks, Family Guy - so you think it's probably best if I just leave it as it is, then?

4. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's entirely up to you mate...personally, I like to hear films "as the director intended"...so i wouldn't leave it like that. I have my amp set to "manual". But it really is personal preference.