Pioneer VSX-D2011 & 5.1/7.1 Analogue Connections

rozel

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just bought an SACD player and a DVD-A player. The SACD player came first and it was a doddle to connect it to 6 sockets on one of the two sets of the 7.1 "multi-channel" analogue inputs. The DVD-A player arrived today and I've just noticed that on the other set of 7.1 analogue sockets, my Sub-Woofer is connected, thus making it seemingly impossible to connect the LFE channel from the DVD-A player to the Amp. There doesn't appear to be any other way to connect the Sub to the amp other than by using a sub input from one set of these analogue inputs.

Has anyone any suggestions please? Obviously SACD/DVD-A playback necessitates the utilisation of these analogue inputs and I think I need a socket doubler or some kind of switch box in order to have everything rigged up properly, ie; the two audio players and my sub at the same time.

Thankyou in anticipation.

Paul

I've had a look at the specifications of this particular AV amp, and it seems to have only one set of 7.1 multichannel analogue input. It does have a set of 7.1-channel pre-amp OUTPUT (of which your active subwoofer should be connected to on the LFE channel), but you can't connect either a DVD-A nor SACD player here since these are outputs rather than inputs.

As for using your SACD and DVD-A simultaneously on your amp, I suspect you may well be right about requiring a switch, since there seems to be only 1 set of 7.1 multichannel input.

Regards,
reservoir51

Thanks reservoir51 - you are of course quite correct - my amp is almost built in and looking behind it is a PITA! I could not read - but if I had put my thinking cap on, then I could hardly have connected my sub to an input connector could I? lol!

So rather than unplug the SACD player and plug in the DVD-A player regularly and visa-versa, could some one please recommend a suitable switch box for 5.1 inputs please? I live in the UK, btw and have not come across one of these.

TAIA

Roz

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom