Pioneer VSX certain input problem & audio cutout. PS4/Now TV Stick Doesnt work, Xbox and laptop does

Bikerz

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Ive just rewired my house and living room and setting everything up

TV - Panasonic 50AX802b
Amp - Pioneer VSX 323 - Some speakers I had lying around.
Fibre HDMI from Amp (back of room) to TV (Front of room) - Decent 15m one as advised on here 6 months ago

Issue 1 - PS4 or Now TV stick plugged into Amp, no image displayed on TV (or audio)
Issue 2 - In TV mode (arc) Audio fine for approx 30s then cuts out for 1s then back again

Knowns -

Fibre HDMI directly into PS4 and works fine - Cable fine
Xbox One or laptop into amp and then to TV - Works fine
Various HDMI leads tried
Various inputs on amp tried (Game, DVD, CD, Sat) all seem fine with a Laptop
Radio on Amp - Sounds works perfectly for an hour with no pauses
When connect ANY input to amp its detected and HMDI light on front of amp comes on (Even with PS4 so detects it), will auto change amp channel too so detects the input fine

Clearly Im not great at this stuff, so anything I can try would be great.

Thanks

@dante01

Hi Dante

Do you have any advice on this, a friend told me to tag you in this. Hope thats oki.

Sheldon

Sorry, I've no specific clues as to what is causing the issues you are having. I can only suggest you try moving the AV receier closer to the TV and testing them using a shorter conventional HDMI cable just to rule out the current hybrid cable as being the cause of the issue?

Maybe also see what happens when or if you cut the AV receiver out of the equasions completely. See if you get a signal via the hybrid cable to the TV if you connect the PS4 or the Now TV stick drectly to the TV via the Hybrid cable. Tghis wouldn't strictly speaking rule the cable out as being the cause though.

Maybe also see what happens when or if you cut the AV receiver out of the equasions completely. See if you get a signal via the hybrid cable to the TV if you connect the PS4 or the Now TV stick drectly to the TV via the Hybrid cable. Tghis wouldn't strictly speaking rule the cable out as being the cause though.

PS4 to TV through Fibre HDMI cable audio is fine and the Laptop.

Cannot rule the cable out, but must also include the AV receiver itself as being a potential cause.

TRy a shorter cable between the AVR and the TV with the same sources to further investigate.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom