1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer VSX C502

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by d.waters, Sep 19, 2004.

Tags:
  1. d.waters

d.waters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    My bedroom system currently consists of a Pioneer VSX 811, a DV545 player and a set of Def Tech Pro 80 speakers. I am quite keen to replace the amp with one of the new self set-up types, but the space available is quite limited, so I thought of the slim line amps, as these would also allow me space for more kit such as Sky+ or a DVD recorder. Does anyone know if I would find the Pioneer C502 to be an improvement on the 811?

2. happyhiker

happyhiker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I have a 502 and it sounds great for home cinema, but lacks something in the music department. The self set up is good, but you still need to tweak it a bit. Great for AV switching though!
    :)

3. johnrevill

johnrevill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    happyhiker - what kit do you have running through the 502?

I'm looking at getting one (to connect Sky+, a DVD player and a PS2) to my TV that has only got a single RGB scart socket. However I'm a bit confused about what the 502 is capable of... I know it has got 4 scart sockets on the back (3 of which are RGB). Can I connect all my kit to the amp, connect the amp to my TV via a single scart and then let the amp handle the switching between each device?

Is this how you have got your kit set up (ie all through your amp)??