Pioneer VSX-C502 Receiver

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by mcluley, Nov 6, 2004.

Tags:
  1. mcluley

mcluley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After much deliberation I'm seriously looking to purchase the Pioneer VSX-C502 receiver.
    As a newbie to this scene though I have a few reservations regarding this unit and wondered if there was anyone who could put my mind to rest.?

1. The unit comes with 4 euro scart connections. Do you lose any clarity on both video and audio with this type of connection?
    2. The unit is a slim-line unit. Do you lose anything apart from the connections at the rear with this type of unit compared to the conventional size receivers? Should I possibly still go for a conventional unit with more flexibility with connections?
    3. Does anyone know anywhere that has stock of this unit as they seem to be very few and far between?
    4. Confused which speakers to get with this receiver. Looking at Tannoy FX5.1 (temporary cheap option), Mordaunt Short Package or the Mission M30 Package, although the latter, I think the satellites may be a little large for my average size living room?

Any advice appreciated

2. SWPT

SWPT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    BTTT coz I'd like to know aswell :)

3. Fouler

Fouler
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd be interested in any information as well. Is the C502 replacing the C501 and what are the differences? These slimline Pioneer units seem to be the only receivers that do RGB video at an economical price...