1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer VSX-C301

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by pobrien31, Sep 10, 2003.

Tags:
  1. pobrien31

pobrien31
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I know I have posted ref this before, but I still need assistance please.

I purchased a Pioneer VSX-C301. I did want the new 812 model and even though the money was not an issue, I wouldn't have been able to justify such a good unit in an 'average' sized front room. It just wouldn't have done it justice. So I plumped for the slimmer unit and some kick a*s KEF speakers.

Any road, after installing the receiver I noticed an audible hum coming from the unit. Opening the glass doors on the TV cabinet only increased this sound.

I e-mailed Pioneer who told me to take it back to my dealer.
    I did this and explained the situation. The tried it out and sure enough they could hear it too. The fetched another model and tried it out before I took it away.

Needless to say that this one is making the same noise also.

They seem to think that it is the transformer in the rear of the unit and the TV cabinet could well be acoustically only increasing the noise. I have tried some dampers under the little legs of the unit but this has done nothing.

It is quite clear that the unit is not a fault. The unit is on it's own on the shelf and has plenty of room all around for adequate ventilation etc..

If anyone can suggest anything else then I would be most grateful.

Other than that, it is one great piece of kit - highly recommended!!!

Thanx in advance.

Patrick.