Pioneer vsx c100

P

phenom2003

Has anybody had any experiences with the Pioneer VSX C100 reciever. It looks pretty good on paper spec-wise and certaintly looks the part for a reciever. If anybody has tried these what sort of speakers would you recommend (under £200), this will only be used in my bedroom so I just need some decent satelites and a sub, any help would be much appreciated

Thanks,
Richard

I looked at the this one i think, the skinny reciever that matches the 444/454 DVD players, I thought it looked a bit weedy in the power output department, but each to his own. I think you will struggle to find a sub sat combination worth listening to at sub £200 unless you go s/h, or look at a manufacturers package like the one that comes with a Yamaha HTIB 40/45 type deal, in which case wouldn't one of these make more sense? I think its time to trawl the web and magazines for budget first and opinion later.
PS is it the size or price of the pioneer you like???

It's the size I really like as it's only going to be used in my bedroom (6x4 metres approx) and space is very limited. I looked at Pioneer's matching speakers the S-V40 and they look pretty decent. Still 40w per channel is a pretty big step up from the TV's on-board ones (5w). I really liked the Yamaha HTIB45 but seeing as the pioneer is alot smaller and has more importantly more than optical in (needed for games consoles). Is there one like HTIB45 with more than 1 optical input

I bought this model recently from Richer Sounds. Performance is adequate using my old pro logic speaker set up, certainly the B&W centre and paradigm sub help but the Yamaha surrounds need an upgrade.
The menu settings are a bit fiddly with too many options (I tend to use auto setting), initial set up is easy.
I only use the amp for DVDs and tv/video, DD5:1 is good (not tried DTS) and PL2 is a great benefit.
The main reason for selecting this model is that it fits inside a Toshiba Strata cabinet (wife friendly), its a low price to get started and did not wish to repeat my mistake of buying an expensive Yamaha Pro Logic amp that is now worth peanuts.
I will probably want to upgrade later in the year to a 6:1 set up as the TV is mounted in the corner of a 22 foot x 14 foot ro

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom