1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer VSX-C100 vs. VSX-C301

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Phnarr, Jul 4, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Phnarr

Phnarr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all, First post...

I'm in the market for a slimline AV receiver. Come to the conclusion that I'm probably best off going for one of Pioneer's VSX-C?? incarnations... Firstly, any downright disagreements?

I had got to the point (reading mags, reviews online, this forum) where I had convinced myself that C100 was the one for me, then I discovered C301. This thing is packed with stuff!

Has anyone had any experience with the VSX-C301? There's minimal Press Release material on it, and there are a couple of places that stock it online, but no real-life opinions on the unit.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

...After which, I'll just have to decide which one is worth it, considering Hyperfi is stocking the C100 so cheap, and Richer will knock another 10 quid off that price - a shame that neither of them stock the C301!

Cheers,

Phn

2. tan1415

tan1415

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    wow the Pioneer is really cheap especcially at RS.
    I just bought the predecessor for my brother..the VSx 300 for 100 GBP

The VSX100 is really that much better IMO.
    Between the 301 and the 100 is the power rating of the amp. IMO the 100 is an ideal bedroom/office amp, the low amp power is ideal to combine with a PC or a bedroom system. Low power needs makes it easy with choosing your cheap speakers or combining it with your old cheap speakers.

3. Phnarr

Phnarr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...C301 also has SCART sockets?