1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer VSX-C100 crossover

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jGrahamD, Dec 3, 2002.

Tags:
  1. jGrahamD

jGrahamD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I noticed that my Pioneer VSX-C100 was lacking mid bass frequencies, so checked it with a test tone CD. It turns out that with the crossover set to 200 Hz, the -3dB points are 125Hz for the subwoofer low-pass and 250Hz for the satellite high-pass, leaving a whole octave in between (with a very steep cut-off). The unit was sent back for testing, but they could find nothing wrong with it, since they lacked the equipment for spectral analysis. Has anybody come across this, or got any suggestions. I have tried contacting Pioneer, but they are a complete brick wall. It looks like a design fault, or software bug, but there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it.

2. jGrahamD

jGrahamD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    For anyone interested in this receiver: Unbeatable gave me a new receiver, same model and offered an alternative or refund if I found the same problem, even though their repair centre could not verify the problem (due to lack of frequency response measuring equipment). I was somewhat surprised to find that the replacement did not have the same problem and performed as specified. I would now give this receiver a positive thumbs up.