Pioneer VSX-AX5i-S Advice

Breitling

Ex Member
Reaction score
has anyone got a Pionner VSXAX5iS ?? and if so what do you think of it

Its a great amp, i have the 757 DVD player conected via the I link which is supurb, i also have the fronts bi amped as i dont have the space for 7.1, very pleased with stereo playback as well as movies, thourally recomended!!!

Cheers

jon

I have an AX3 (same guts less bells and whistles) and for film work it is absolutely brill with epic amounts of grunt. No comment on the stereo performance because I rate the AX3 as rubbish but I understand the AX5 through i-link is much better. Build quality is good and the auto setup a good basis to really tweak the unit to optimal.

Without iLink it's middling to good for music, cracking for movies. With iLink it steps up several gears and in my opinion gets you into pre-pro territory. Certainly better than my Rotel 1066 and as good, if not better than my Denon A11SR.

It's a great amp and also very flexible and user friendly. Remote is good too.

thanks guys,

I have posted a link in classifieds to sell my KEF Reference 203's as i have just been made redundant , ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but and theres always a but , i am also thinking of upgrading spending the money i had from the redundancy.

I have read mixed reviews on the Pioneer here although the KEF Ref engineer reccomened the Pioneer as it has been tuned by Air Studios

I just got mine a few weeks ago and have only had a chance to play with it for a few days but am very pleased with it. For movies it really is spot on connected up to my 868. Looking fwd to trying the SACD option when I get home.

Jon, you say that you've Bi-amped the front speakers cos you don't have room for 7.1? I'm the same, only got room for 5.1. What I was wondering was, how have you got your speakers set up i.e. which outputs are you using? and also how did you set the amp up to bi-amp the fronts?

To set the Bi amp mode you use the on screen menu and adjust the surround back setup to "Bi-amp" you then connect speaker cable from the surround back terminals to second set of terminal son speakers (Don't forget to remove the linking pins).

im just a bit concerned about the power for running a set of KEF Reference 203's for music ??

Slickeeboy said:
Jon, you say that you've Bi-amped the front speakers cos you don't have room for 7.1? I'm the same, only got room for 5.1. What I was wondering was, how have you got your speakers set up i.e. which outputs are you using? and also how did you set the amp up to bi-amp the fronts?

BobbyPunk bet me to it!

Cheers

jon

Jon

thanks mate
:thumbsup:

Cheers guys.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom