1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer VSX-AX3 speaker terminals ?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by torimusic, Nov 25, 2003.

Tags:
  1. torimusic

torimusic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On the Pioneer VSX-AX3 receiver, is it possible to insert banana plugs into the speaker terminals ? The manual does not mention anything except for wiring cables directly onto the posts.

2. nemo

nemo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    If the AX3 uses the same type of binding posts that are on my AX5i ( I assume they do ) the answer is yes. There is a small black plastic cap that can be taken out of the post where you would insert a banana plug.

3. JAMBO

JAMBO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Use the top of a cheap plastic pen lid, or a small screw driver to prise out the black insert which is in the centre of the binding post on the amp. A bit fidgety, but shouldn't take you too long.

4. torimusic

torimusic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks people. That's what I wanted to know. I was not sure if those black things in the holes were removable or not. At first I thought that the hole was designed to accomodate the type of pin type 'banana' plug that is used for spring clip type connections.

5. AndyH

AndyH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    poo! I gave up trying to get the black bits out of my AX5 posts!!

Ended up wedging the cable in, which actually wasn't too bad in the end :)

6. torimusic

torimusic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Grab a flat blade jeweller screwdriver with a blade width that fits snugly and firmly into the hole of the horrid black plastic plug insert.
    Move the screwdriver in a circular motion while simultaneously pulling gently on the plug out towards yourself (a similar motion to easing a cork from a wine bottle).

This worked for me. Throw the black plugs into the deepest part of the ocean before someone who does not like you decides to put them back in again when you're not looking.

7. Mogli

Mogli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124

:D

Couldnt agree more!