• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Pioneer vsx 923 4K pass through

Shiftynagasaki

Established Member
hi there , I’ve had this amp for a few years and just recently upgraded my player to a 4K one, however when I connect through the amp it only displays in 1080p
I’ve gone back to the pioneer site as well as looked back at reviews and they all state that this unit has 4K pass through? Some search results have stated that it can’t actually pass through 4K surely all the reviews and pioneers own site can’t be wrong
Anyone have any ideas or can clarify
Thanks

dante01

Distinguished Member
The receiver predates HDMI version 2.0 so it will not include HDCP 2.2 compliance and its 4K passthrough capabilities will be in association with frame rates below 30Hz. Passing through 4K video will only be possible if the source isn't protected by HDCP 2.2 copyright protection and if it has a frame rate below 30Hz. Almost all commercial UHD content is protected by at least HDCP 2.2.

Its 4K passthrough abilities are for all intense purposes useless without the inclusion of HDCP 2.2 compliance.

Shiftynagasaki

Established Member
The receiver predates HDMI version 2.0 so it will not include HDCP 2.2 compliance and its 4K passthrough capabilities will be in association with frame rates below 30Hz. Passing through 4K video will only be possible if the source isn't protected by HDCP 2.2 copyright protection and if it has a frame rate below 30Hz. Almost all commercial UHD content is protected by at least HDCP 2.2.

Its 4K passthrough abilities are for all intense purposes useless without the inclusion of HDCP 2.2 compliance.
OK I see, thanks for the explanation

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom