Pioneer Vsx - 921

a4ndxx

Standard Member
Hello Av Forum'ers!

I hope you can help with this topic and give me a few pointers and advice.

I am currently in the process of purchasing a Amp. I have been reading and researching, many suggestions have also come back with the same answer. Pioneer VSX 921 - i need some advice why i should get this one, how will this benefit me.

currently setup wise, i have the following, LED tv, Apple Tv, Ipad, Ps3. As I am quite new to this game, I know what i want but how to get there with the correct options im not sure of.

Anyhelp appreciated. :lease::boring::love::thumbsup::cool:

Member 569079

Novice Member
Hi, it would be useful to know what 5.1 surround speakers you have to connect to the Pioneer VSX-921? The 921 offers very good value with 80W x7 channels power output, 4 HDMI's in/ 1 out which will connect directly to your TV, Apple TV and PS3. Your iPad can connect to the front panel USB port. As the 921 is a network receiver, you can stream music from your network to the 921, or use the iPad to control the 921 using the free app iControl AV2.

Last edited:

a4ndxx

Standard Member
Hello mate, currently I don't have any speakers or sub. That's next on the list, i used to have some samsung whole package setup, but was not all that at all hence why I sold everything and now building on a setup.

As for the 921, is it all bluetooth/wireless or does it need to have a cable attached to the ipad in order to control?

80x7 channels power output is useful, i have not yet decided on what speakers or sub for that matter, but I just wanted to know whether the 921 is useful for what I need it for.

Morgan71

Standard Member
For BT/wireless features you have to buy the optional adapters.
To control the 921 through iPad, download the app iControlAV2 from Apple store and put them in the same home network.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom