Pioneer VSX-921-K no volume/low volume on one channel

conantheadventure

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi!
I recently bought a used Pioneer vsx-921-k, and when I tried to connect the front right channel there were a few sparks. I didn't pay attention that the volume on the receiver was on MAX, and now that channel has a very low volume. Even when it is on max, I can barely hear any sound from it. All other channels work just fine!
When I switch the receiver on pure direct while using the analog input, it is a little bit better, but still a big volume difference between the left and right channels.

I didn't test the receiver at the place where I bought it, so I'm not sure if it worked well before I connected that speaker, but since the sound was loud when I connected it at first, I believe it was good. When I connect the speaker to that channel now, I can't get as high a volume as it was when sparks appeared. 😅
The speaker is still working well, I tested it with another receiver.

Can anyone help me with this? What can be the issue, and what should I look for in the receiver?
I'm planning to dissemble it tomorrow and see if anything burned inside.

Edit: I also changed the banana plug on that channel, since it was broken. Can that cause the problem with that channel now?

Thank you all!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom