Pioneer VSX-920

martynsimo

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I've just joined the forum and wondered if I could grab a little help.
Just got myself a Pioneer VSX-920 and very pleased so far for the money. Only thing I could do with knowing how to do is, how do I set the amp to through put video/audio from freesat box to tv so the wife can have the tv on without the amp being on. I have had a look around and cant seem to find how to do it? Maybe it just doesn't do it?
Thanks for any help anyway

Feed the Freesat box hdmi out into the hdmi "BD IN" on the rear, this is the pass-through input when amp is off ;-)

Alternatively connect the hdmi out of the freest box into any of the other amp hdmi inputs, and connect the scart output into your tv, that way the mrs can watch the freest directly from the freest box via the scart, and if you want to, watch it via the amp but would need to turned on. You can keep the amp on and select hdmi "through" under audio parameters, that way the amp will not do anything with the audio, and pass it straight through the amp to the tv.

Cheers for the reply lee. The distance is too great for me to use scart and I dont have a 5m scart cable. I tries plugging freesat in vire the BD input but no luck still nothing until the amps switched on. I have scourred the menus and cant see anywhere in settings where I could change it:confused:???

Try this:-

1) Plug Freesat hdmi into "BD IN"
2) Turn off Amp
3) Turn Off Freesat box
4) wait 10 seconds and turn on Freesat box
5) Wait a few seconds you show hear a click and a red light under hdmi on front panel will illuminate
6) Freesat should now be seen on your TV

I'll try with my freesat box when I get home too, it certainly works with my Blu-ray player :)

She's not having it bud!! I'll try again in a bit.
Thanks for helping me.....I'm crap lol

No problem :), Maybe mine has a newer firmware version with this feature, hence why it's bot in manual ?

Ok, my blue ray player will do it but my freesat wont. Must just be the Humax freesat box?

Have tried my freesat box, and it doesn't work either? Only Blu-ray player, I'll try my hd-dvd player.

No problem, I did try my hd-dvd and that didn't work either, could be to do with lack of HDMI CEC support in the freesat boxes ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom