Pioneer VSX-909RDS or not?

JIT

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Is this receiver any good or should I go for the Denon 2808 or even a Marantz?

Hi There,

I've had my 909 for about two months and have nothing but praise for it. I've also since bought the matching M10X power amp so I can take advantage of the Dolby EX, DTS ES decoding (which is ace). I like it’s ability to deliver fine detail when there’s all hell breaking loose on the screen, nothing is lost (the THX Ultra processing seems to help in this respect) or I might be just imagining it :D

There's no substitute for a demo though. Something I like could make you cringe and visa versa. Get a short list together and hit the high street and let your ears decide. If you do go the Pioneer route though have a look HERE . This is the place I bought mine from and they are still doing it for £460. Not bad considering you can still buy it for the RRP of £875 at some online stores.

Cheers

Dave

*** UPDATE ***

If you have a look in the Special Offers forum, Linkonline are doing the black 909 for £343.60 :eek: an absoulute bargin! (I must admit I do like my gold ones though :D )

At £340 it is indeed a bargain!
I phoned link today and they are sold out,damn.If you hear of anyone else giving them away give me a shout.
Thanks
Gary

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom