Pioneer VSX-808RDS volume repair

J

Johan-El

I have a five years old Pioneer VSX-808RDS receiver. The volume control on the receiver is not working anymore. If I turn the knob to lower the volume, the volume increases. The overall response to the knob turning is erratic. A friend told me the pulse gauge/detector (whatever the name is in English) for the volume knob had malfunctioned and that it is pretty common.

I'm wondering if someone here has had the same problem and if it is possible to buy a new pulse gauge to replace the broken one.

Yes!

I have the same problem.
I wonder, did you find a solution?
I am Lasse and live in Stockholm

best regards,

Lasse

Yes, I fixed it. I called one of the Pioneer workshops listed at http://www.pioneer.se/se/content/support/support/workshop.html and asked them. The guy I spoke with understood the problem right away, and sent me a replacement component for about 100 SEK. It was a rather simple procedure to exchange the component in the receiver. If I remember correctly, I removed the cover of the receiver so I could get access to the pulse gauge. I pulled the volume knob straight out, hard, so it slid off the broken pulse gauge. The knob sits real tight on the pulse gauge axis, so you have to pull hard. Then I removed the pulse gauge by soldering it loose, and then soldered the new one into place. I pushed the volume knob back on and put the receiver together. So, if you're just a bit handy with a soldering iron, it is not a complicated procedure. Or you could just send the receiver in to one of the workshops.

You can send a PM to me if you want more information. Good luck!

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom