Pioneer VSX 709 RDS Receiver - Banana Plug Capabilities/Alternative Connection

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by EmissarY, Dec 26, 2001.

Tags:
  1. EmissarY

EmissarY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :clown:

Hi guys and gals, I have a problem.

I have the pioneer vsx 709 rds receiver connected to 2 eltax symphony 6.2s front speakers, likewise with centre and rears in my modest home cinema set up. My problem is that my current method of connecting the speaker wire to the receiver is by binding posts only, and the speaker wire is so thick that i can only just jam it in there and screw the posts against it, no such coiling around the binding post at all. My speakers all have banana plugs on one end, but not the receiver end.

My question is, can I make those binding posts accept banana plugs? I seem to remember a thread recently where someone could remove the rubbery bits off a denon reciever to do this.

Alternatively if this is not possible, what is the best possible wire to use in this MODEST setup on binding posts, bearing in mind price...don't get me wrong I will pay out for good quality stuff, just not £20 - £15 a metre stuff as that would be way over my budget.

thanx 4 taking the time to answer this problem.

EmmisarY

:)

2. nickeng

nickeng

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have a look at the middle of the Speaker connectors some Pioneers (like mine 859 and 909) the middle bit of the plugg can be removed to make room for a banana connector...just a twick and flick of the wrist to remove them...
    :rolleyes: