Pioneer VSX-60 server error

jim60

Standard Member
Reaction score
anyone know why I'm getting a server error only on the Pandora internet radio. Everything else on the internet works but Pandora. Suddenly stopped working. How can I reset the Pandora username and password?

saw this on another website:

****** Note that although this memo was put out by Denon, it applies to ALL brands of AVRs that feature Pandora ********

Important Announcement for Denon Customers Using Pandora Internet Radio

Dear Denon customer,

Please be advised that Pandora Internet Radio has recently altered certain connection requirements which have temporarily blocked our products from connecting to the Pandora service. Our engineers are currently working hard and will have a firmware update available as soon as possible via the internet to resolve this issue. This should not affect your product’s ability to receive other music streaming services. Please visit our website for firmware update schedule information after 12/6.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that Pandora’s alteration has caused.

AV Receivers:

AVR-1613, AVR-1713, AVR-1913, AVR-2113CI, AVR-2313CI, AVR-3313CI, AVR-4520CI, AVR-1912, AVR-2112CI, AVR-2312CI, AVR-3312CI, AVR-3311CI, AVR-991, AVR-4311CI, AVR-A100

anyone know why I'm getting a server error only on the Pandora internet radio. Everything else on the internet works but Pandora. Suddenly stopped working. How can I reset the Pandora username and password?

I have this VSX-60 Receiver, and also got the SERVER ERROR when trying to access Pandora since mid-December 2012.

Today I checked the Pioneer website under the VSX-60 user manual pages and it addressed the issue at the top of the page.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/AV-Receivers/Elite+Receivers/VSX-60?tab=firmware

There is an update available to fix the issue but it cannot be downloaded directly from the internet. One must download the fix files onto a USB stick and plug it into the front of the device. The site walks you through the fix, but unfortunately the fix does not seem to have worked :(

The server error screen goes away and the Pandora screen asking for New or Existing User info comes up, but that's it.

You cannot access the new user or existing user options. The screen locks up and that is as far as you get :(.

I then attempted to call Pioneer Support, but of course, they are CLOSED on the weekends when real people have time to look into things like this.

If anyone gets further than I have, please comment.

Thanks!

Pennie

Last edited:
I too am having the same problem. Anyone know how to fix this?

I have this VSX-60 Receiver, and also got the SERVER ERROR when trying to access Pandora since mid-December 2012.

Today I checked the Pioneer website under the VSX-60 user manual pages and it addressed the issue at the top of the page.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/AV-Receivers/Elite+Receivers/VSX-60?tab=firmware

There is an update available to fix the issue but it cannot be downloaded directly from the internet. One must download the fix files onto a USB stick and plug it into the front of the device. The site walks you through the fix, but unfortunately the fix does not seem to have worked :(

The server error screen goes away and the Pandora screen asking for New or Existing User info comes up, but that's it.

You cannot access the new user or existing user options. The screen locks up and that is as far as you get :(.

I then attempted to call Pioneer Support, but of course, they are CLOSED on the weekends when real people have time to look into things like this.

If anyone gets further than I have, please comment.

Thanks!

Pennie

Last edited:
UPDATE:

Using the companion Iphone App, I was able to get Pandora working again. First, know that even if you are an existing Pandora account user, you need to click on the option that says you are not from INSIDE THE PIONEER APP on your iPHONE...so select NEW USER. The selections you choose on the iPhone app will appear on your TV screen in the GUI interface menu from the VSX-60. You are then directed to www.pandora.com/pioneer and given a code on the screen to input at that website to link your Pandora account to your VSX-60. You have to do this from your laptop or desktop computer. You might be able to do it from your iPhone or iPad, but I didn't try. I just used my laptop b/c it was sitting on the couch beside me.

Once you input that activation code, you will be asked for your existing account information--email address and password. Once inputed, your Pandora account will once again work with your VSX-60 receiver.

Turn off the receiver, turn it back on and access Pandora via the "input" select keys on the VSX-60 remote. When you choose Pandora, your Pandora stations menu will appear and the VSX-60 remote can be used to select the station of your choice. That's it...it works!

Hope this helps others. It worked for me.

:clap: Pennie :clap:

Pennie,

Which app did you use that is mentioned below? I'm having the same issue, but am unsure as to which app is needed to follow your directions.

UPDATE:

Using the companion Iphone App, I was able to get Pandora working again. First, know that even if you are an existing Pandora account user, you need to click on the option that says you are not from INSIDE THE PIONEER APP on your iPHONE...so select NEW USER. The selections you choose on the iPhone app will appear on your TV screen in the GUI interface menu from the VSX-60. You are then directed to www.pandora.com/pioneer and given a code on the screen to input at that website to link your Pandora account to your VSX-60. You have to do this from your laptop or desktop computer. You might be able to do it from your iPhone or iPad, but I didn't try. I just used my laptop b/c it was sitting on the couch beside me.

Once you input that activation code, you will be asked for your existing account information--email address and password. Once inputed, your Pandora account will once again work with your VSX-60 receiver.

Turn off the receiver, turn it back on and access Pandora via the "input" select keys on the VSX-60 remote. When you choose Pandora, your Pandora stations menu will appear and the VSX-60 remote can be used to select the station of your choice. That's it...it works!

Hope this helps others. It worked for me.

:clap: Pennie :clap:

Hello all,

Sorry I did not see this question until today when someone sent me a private message. The app I am using with my iPhone 4s is called "iControlAV" . Word to the wise---if you have more than one wireless network in your house, you must make sure that your iPhone is operating on the same network as your VSX-60 or they cannot communicate.

This app is soooooo very superior to the remote that comes with the VSX-60, I doubt you will bother with the original remote anymore once you have this set up and working. I can't remember the last time I picked up the original remote.

Good luck to all and if you wish to message me directly, you may do so at penfrmhvn at aol dot com.

Good luck! I hope it works for you!

Pennie

I am not a heavy tech guy but did have the Pandora server error for the year since installing the pioneer vx 1130 receiver. I fixed it tonight with clues from the above! connecting the pionner app , in settings i clicked on updates, the receiver took about 30 minutes to update and immediately after i was able to connect to pandora through the app! good luck

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom