• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes. We're still rebuilding the database indexes, so searches won't be reliable for a few hours, but we feel it's more important to bring the forums back online. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post. Thank you for your patience.

Question Pioneer VSX 534 Occasional clicking

GhostRider17

Hey guys

A few months ago I bought a Pioneer VSX 534 receiver. I'm really pleased with it and it's a nice small upgrade from my older amp. Despite only having 5.1 channels the Atmos is still very impressive and theirs plenty of extra features compared to my older amp.

One thing I've noticed though is that occasionally it randomly clicks. I know it's normal for them to click when changing inputs and powering on etc but this is while watching a film or playing a game. Normally once or twice within a few hours. When it clicks the speakers aren't affected in any way at all.

Can anybody advise if I have need to worry or is the odd click acceptable in these models?

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

dobrykamil

Hi

Main transformer has low (28V) and high (55V) voltage output windings. When you watch films at certain low volume, main uCom switches (relay click) amplifier module to lower voltage to save energy and reduce temperature.

GhostRider17

Hi

Main transformer has low (28V) and high (55V) voltage output windings. When you watch films at certain low volume, main uCom switches (relay click) amplifier module to lower voltage to save energy and reduce temperature.

Hi

Thanks so much for the reply. I've only got a small room and very sensitive hearing so I tend to listen on low volumes, normally around the -24/28 mark.

So is the clicking occasionally nothing to worry about then? I haven't noticed it once today.

dobrykamil

Yes, don't worry about it. My Onkyo does the same thing.

GhostRider17

Yes, don't worry about it. My Onkyo does the same thing.

Thanks, I really appreciate that so I can rest easy. I like my tech but I'm nowhere near as savvy as some of you guys on here.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom