Pioneer vsx-529k vs ONKYO TX-8130 ???

andrejskopje

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently bought QAcoustics 3050i and the Pioneer vsx-529k. After playing them for a few days I realized that the vsx-529k receiver is made for surround sound/ home theater. I am not watching a lot of movies and I bought to system for music, stereo mostly. I called the store I bought these from they just told me to set FRONT to LARGE and turn the other channels off and I should be fine. However after reading around a bit I realized I may have made a wrong purchase with the surround receiver as I plan on using it for listening to music exclusively. I would like to stream using AirPlay. I am wondering if I should return it and get the ONKYO TX-8130 ( is what the store has listed as stereo receivers). My understanding is that this receiver is made for stereo (2 channels). Other stereo receivers around the same price as the Pioneer vsx-529k are ONKYO TX-L20D and Sherwood RX-772.

So my question is will I get better sound quality with replacing the vsx-529k 5.1 with a 2.0 stereo receiver, or should I not bother returning it? So far I find the vsx529-k sound good for rock/ techno music but lacks quality when listening to rap/ r&b songs.

Does anyone have some experience with pairing the QAcoustics 3050i with ONKYO stereo amp?

Thanks!

You will certainly get much better results with music from a dedicated stereo amp or receiver. I would suggest returning your surround receiver and listening to some stereo a/r to see if you can't a good deal, personally as the store misled you I would ask for a refund and choose something suitable elsewhere.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom