• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Pioneer VSX-527 or Denon AVR1912 with Vector 5.1 speakers

Atomic Flange

Hi All,

I have just managed to get a set of Mission Audio Vector speakers for £299 so i am quite pleased with myself :thumbsup:

The next question i have is about the receiver. I have posted on here and got loads of help and decided to go for the Denon. I have one put aside for me and should be getting it on Thursday.

When i rang to reserve the Denon the guy in the store asked why i wanted this one and that i should be going for the Pioneer. Just wanted you opinions on the Pioneer and if it is a better amp? I have looked for reviews but can't see much.

I have a suspicion this is a case of him getting a bit more commission on the new kit rather than the older stuff :thumbsdow

PSM1

Distinguished Member
As far as I know the Pioneer is several levels below the Denon hence the Denon would be the better option. Also Denon receivers are often recommended with MA speakers so they should be a good pairing. I would stick with your original choice.

Atomic Flange

I will thanks. for the advise

Atomic Flange

It's £250 so £100 less than the pioneer

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom