• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Pioneer VSX-518 overload

Tattoued

Standard Member
I just bought this unit since it was a good deal and had SO many features. I'm reading a lot about an "overload" problem that's not even mentioned in the manual, so I don't even know what to check! What I'm reading in searches is to check speaker wires/connections and ohms (I only have 2 speakers - and they're pretty old - connected for now - more to come soon). Sometimes I see those all check out. I did read one post (not here) from someone calling himself "Pioneer guy" and he says to ground the plug and he hasn't had a problem since. Can this be true? I would think that Pioneer would have addressed any type of grounding problem prior to leaving the factory, no? Any thoughts?

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom