Pioneer VSX-2011

Jonesthegas

I am looking for an affordable 7.1 channel amp/receiver and this looks interesting.

http://www.avland.co.uk/pioneer/vsxd2011/index.htm

Anyone know anything about this receiver or seen any reviews? Are there any other 7.1 options for around a grand? Is 7.1 much better then 6.1 anyway?

Martin

russraff

You mean using 2 rear speakers instead of one? In my opinion two is always better than one...

There is a review in the new Hifi Choice mag. It gave the amp quite a review, though it wasn't part of a group test. Go here for a better price, though:

Leconcepts

You will find it under the Receivers -> Pioneer section.

Russell

Jonesthegas

Thanks for the link. I like the look of this amp and you might just have saved me some money.

I see you are from the Toon also. Do you know any other regulars around here?

Martin

russraff

Whoa! didn't notice that! Then you must know that the Leconcepts shop is in the Metro Centre, yes? Oh and don't forget to dem Harman/Kardon kit. Fair enough you have to get them from Global Hifi, but don't let that put you off; H/K make damn fine kit - like my 5500.

I don't take too much notice of where people come from, as there didn't seem to be many when I joined this forum. I do believe that
"THX 1138" is from these here parts. He is one of the moderators on the Hardware Classified's forum.

Russell

Jonesthegas

I know the shop in the Metro Centre but haven't bought anything from them as yet.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX 4K OLED TV Review: The best TV of 2020?
Top Bottom