• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Pioneer VSX-1019AH-k Home Menu Troubles

mschwerdtfeger

Standard Member
I need some basic help. I just bought a Pioneer VSX-1019AH-k receiver. I set it up this afternoon and have part of it working, but I can't get the GUI menu to show up on the TV. No matter what video input I am using, when I hit [RECEIVER] and then Home Menu, the TV says something like not compatible. What am I doing wrong, and how do I get the menu working?

johny1980

I need some basic help. I just bought a Pioneer VSX-1019AH-k receiver. I set it up this afternoon and have part of it working, but I can't get the GUI menu to show up on the TV. No matter what video input I am using, when I hit [RECEIVER] and then Home Menu, the TV says something like not compatible. What am I doing wrong, and how do I get the menu working?

not to sure but id try a different hdmi cable to start with :thumbsup:

rhino2k

Distinguished Member
is the tv 1080p?

if n ot it may be that the 1019 is sending 1080p to the tv and it cant handle it!

bear in mind the 1019 upscales everything to 1080p, not sure if this is the default setting, i would imagine it will have a troubleshooting section in the manual with reference to this problem, had the same kinda thing with my ps3 when i first got it:smashin:

blacklion

On the AVS forum, some peeps recommend turning off the HDMI-CEC applications (KuroLink, Bravia, Viera etc, etc) on both the TV and the receiver. Apparently, HDMI-CEC sometimes causes handshake problems between receiver and the TV. Perhaps, this may be the issue with your set-up?

There are two 'receiver' buttons on the remote, one up top and one down bottom next to the Home Menu button; did you try both of them?

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom