Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K heating

andriis

Novice Member
Hi,

I've recently got my first receiver - a second-hand Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K. I've been testing it and so far everything works, except for one thing. When I turn it on, it immediately starts consuming 65-70 watts of power and heating up considerably. This happens even if I disconnect all speakers and disable amplifier output using the Speakers button. When switching the receiver to standby mode, the consumption is lower than 1 watt, just like it's supposed to be.

I've taken the cover off and noticed that the REGULATOR Assy PCB isn't aligned in parallel with the radiator. The heat also seems to come from the radiator where this PCB is located or the amplifier that's directly beneath it.
IMG_20220527_101228165.jpg

There's also a specific faint smell that is always present in the receiver, like melting plastic or something.

Is this something I should be worried about, or is this normal for this type of receiver? I've seen many people mentioning that they get really hot, but nothing about if this supposed to happed without any load.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom