Pioneer VSX-1015

rhino2k

Distinguished Member
hi all, had a pioneer VSX-C301 for around 14 months now and am generally very pleased with it. may be looking to upgrade very soon and the VSX-1015 looks very good for the price :D

main reason i am choosing this over the competiton is because i have a dv575 so it looks good together, and i do really like the look of the pio units :cool:

so just looking for your thoughts really, only going in a room with an open space of 12x10 atm so it has more than enough power.

may eventually go in a HC loft conversion if i can be bothered to do it......

will be a pain in my house :rolleyes:

thanks guys

rhino2k

Distinguished Member
:lease:

would also like to know how good the sound modes are for music....

as they are limited on the VSX-C301 :(

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
I've had the equivalent yamaha for about 8 months (from pixmania) - really like it, although it's only driving kef eggs. Mainly use it for home cinema but also use it for gaming and hardly at all for music. Been really impressed overall - plenty of options for reasonable price.

rhino2k

Distinguished Member
MarkusThatch said:
I've had the equivalent yamaha for about 8 months (from pixmania) - really like it, although it's only driving kef eggs. Mainly use it for home cinema but also use it for gaming and hardly at all for music. Been really impressed overall - plenty of options for reasonable price.

that would be another option, along with the denon eq :smashin:

I have the 1015 now for about 2 months and really happy with it. I haven't a full 5.1-setup at the moment. Currently it's 4.0, with 2 JBL TLX-320's as fronts and ancient Technics-speakers as back.
I upgraded from a 'normal', about 10 year old, stereo Pioneer SX-339-receiver.
Sound with every respect is better than before. Even just stereo. :smashin:

The 1015 has a lot of options, which I haven't figured out all yet.

rhino2k

Distinguished Member
DikkieDick said:
I have the 1015 now for about 2 months and really happy with it. I haven't a full 5.1-setup at the moment. Currently it's 4.0, with 2 JBL TLX-320's as fronts and ancient Technics-speakers as back.
I upgraded from a 'normal', about 10 year old, stereo Pioneer SX-339-receiver.
Sound with every respect is better than before. Even just stereo. :smashin:

The 1015 has a lot of options, which I haven't figured out all yet.

i would imagine it has the speaker settings for small speakers, like my 301 did. if your speakers are med-large change th setting to large as it makes it sound 10x better :smashin:

thanks for the reply too matey :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom