1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer VSX 1015 set up query

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by thingsandstuff, Oct 14, 2005.

Tags:
  1. thingsandstuff

thingsandstuff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Pioneer VSX 1015, I connect my DVD player to my TV by RGB scart as it is the best option available on my current TV, so is there any way to get the Pioneer to display over the output of the DVD player (pioneer 585)? other than having to use a seperate av channel on my TV???

2. GIR

GIR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Am am interested in this as I have recently bought a 1015. I was advised that it was best to connect DVD video direct to TV and not through the amp which I have done with a scart.

Is this the best solution or should I put the video through the amp ? What are the advantages ?

3. jwramsay

jwramsay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Amp will switch composite or s-video or component.

If you use SCART then I presume its set to RGB. This can't be connected via the amp. (It has no SCART sockets).

You could use SCART to 4 pin S_video leads and switch through the amp, but only of you had many S-Video sources.

Stick to what you have.

4. kamaran

kamaran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    What do you mean 'Display over?'

Would the SR+ functionality help him ? Or would that only work if he has a Pioneer TV? Or not even then :eek: ?

5. jwramsay

jwramsay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    The OP does not state that he has a PDP plasma (SR+). Anyroads, why try and route a RGB scart through a Pio 1015 to allow AV switching?

If RGB is your best possible AV-Route then you go direct to plasma display You do of course run a Digital interconnect to your av-amp (1015) to get DD5.1 and DTS 5.1.

6. thingsandstuff

thingsandstuff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes, I run the scart direct to my TV (sony rear pro without component in??!!!!!) in RGB. I wanted to see if there was any way to get the amp on screen menu to overlay the RGB signal, but there apparently isn't and having now used it for a few days, I find I don't really need it anyway!! Thanks for your help though!!

7. GIR

GIR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am currently using a SCART direct from DVD to Plasma, I have option of using componets connections, would this be better and worth butying the leads ?