1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer VSX-1015-S or VSX-AX2AV-S

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by bluecupra, Oct 21, 2005.

Tags:
  1. bluecupra

bluecupra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

At the moment i have an Sony STR-DB790 receiver what i want to upgrade to an Pioneer VSX-1015 or AX2AV. What makes the (big)difference between these two receivers?

The AX2 has the HDMI input option witch the 1015 doesn't have. I can't really see the pros of an HDMI option on the receiver. Also i think there isn't much difference between my Sony receiver and the Pioneer 1015.

I know there is an price difference between the two models. Haven't seen the AX2 on display anywhere so can't comment on the audio qualities yet.

Will the 1015 give me an good upgrade or does it really make an (big) difference if i chose for the AX2?

Jeffrey

2. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    The AX2 i believe is the model above the 2015 so 2 models over the 1015 your interested in and the buget version of pioneers flagship series, it will most likely contain better components and features as always let your ears be the boss and try and demo.

3. jwramsay

jwramsay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    I had a Sony 930 and went to a Pioneer 1014 recently. The Pioneer will not go as load as the Sony, but its all controlled volume you get. I can listen to the Pioneer at full volume with no distortion, but it is too loud for normal listening, so no problems in that dept.

All of these Pios will switch component but not upscale other inputs to it. The dearest will switch HDMI.

The remote is very good and learning too.

I am very impressed by the 1014 it must be said.

Also if you don't want 7.1 you can biwire your fronts in a 5.1 setup.

WhatHifi disses the 1015 but IMHO I have no idea why they rate it so lowly.

4. bluecupra

bluecupra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your opinions. I will have an look around. Hope i can find the Ax2 somewhere on display

If i can buy a used (4 month) Ax5i for the same money as an new AX2 what would be an good option? Go for the Ax5i or new Ax2?

The AX2 is new around 1099 euro's, i have seen the Ax5i was around 1799 euro's new...

Jeffrey

5. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    I think the AX2 is a replacemet for the AX3, so the 5 is a a higher model, and will probably have a much better amp section, but i'm not sure if the featres have improved on the AX2 over the 5.

6. Grimley

Grimley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    If you dont need the HDMI or PLIIx i'd go for the AX5i :smashin:

7. fintan

fintan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    the vsx ax 5i is 1243 euro online @ pixmania.com the ax2 is a new model out nov 1st