Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Pioneer VSX-1014

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by kotya, Sep 14, 2004.

Tags:
  1. kotya

kotya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all!

I need your advise on this receiver. The spec look fantastic and I decsided to go for it. However, the prices here in Europe are quite steep, not mentioning that I can only pre-order it, it is not yet available here.

I am thinking to order it from the US, but I am a bit concerned about two things:

- Will I be able to use US version of the receiver (due to different electrical outlet and voltage)?
    - How big will be the taxes? I found this receiver for 399 USD in the US and 750 EUR here in Europe. Surely, import taxes cannot be 100%, therefore it is cheaper to order it from the US.

Are there any pitfalls/legal restrictions in doing this?

Help me to make the right chioce! I do not what to abuse the tax system or do anything illegal!

Any suggestions as where to order it online in the US are more then welcome!!!