1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer VSA-E07, THX Amp

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by andrewmellor, Apr 10, 2003.

Tags:
  1. andrewmellor

andrewmellor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Pioneer VSA-E07

Hi,

Hopefully viewing (and buying) this Amp tomorrow so thought it would be good if I could get any information from people out there who have or had this model (or are familiar with it)

All comments and thoughts appreciated, whether good or bad please, as I'd like to be as 'armed' as I can!!

Must add that I have only had and found positive comments about this particular model while searching around.

Thanks for looking...Andrew

2. Bish

Bish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +133
    Andrew,

I have had an EO7 from new, almost 3 years old now and have not had any problems at all with it - it has never once been moved from its initial placing at the bottom of my AV rack.

It was Pioneers flagship amp at the time, extremely powerfull and as far as av amps go its an excellent stereo performer too. DTS, DD is stunning, remembering this amp carries the THX Ultra certification and touch screen learning remote you have bargain of the century for £300.

Some lucky so and so is going to get bargain of the century also when i swap mine in for my AV8/8P combo soon, but i wont be letting mine go for £300!! - snap it up if its a good'un.

3. fyonn

fyonn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    I had an E07 for a while, good looking beast although I never did lik the touchscreen remote, I used a programmable m500 instead. my e07 did break once, the decoding board went, but fortunately it was in warrantee and was repaired for free. it sonded pretty good to me although it was only later that I discovered that seperate power amps were more able to fully control my difficult kef reference 1 speakers, although to be fair, they are a very difficult load. the pioneer sounded great with the kef q35's I had before that.

it's a good amp and if you can get one cheap then great.

dave

4. andrewmellor

andrewmellor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Thanks for the replies Steve and Dave,

I like to think it's a good amplifier and deal, but I'm new to the AV technology scene so this reassurance is most welcome.
    Here's hoping I'm off to a good start, now what speakers would be good with this.......

Andrew

PS Don't tell the wife!!