Pioneer VSA-E06 Upgrade to VSX-2014i. Opinions needed.

TarPot

I'm thinking of upgrading my Pioneer VSA-E06 to the Pioneer VSX-2014i. I've had my old amp for about 7 yrs and am still very happy with it. I like the sound of the amp for both music and movies. But want DTS, DPL-II and stuff like that.
Will the sound be pretty similar between the 2 amps? They are both THX approved. I know this probably doesn't mean too much these days.
But write to ask people's opinions and experiences with these amps. Or other recommendations.
Thanks for any help.

BAN5HEE

I have the 2014i and it's a great amp. :thumbsup: You get everything that the ax5ai offers but for about £300 cheaper and less the air studio tune but thats minor. The iLink is great with my 868 and I can highly recomend this Amp.

TarPot

That's great. Thanks for your opinion. Do you know if there is an older model of the VSX-2014i-s. Which would be VSX-2014-S. Because I've seen a site doing an excellent price, but it doesn't state VSX-2014i. I take the "i" to mean an i-link model? I think it is the same model but they have mis-listed it.

M

masped

I believe that the VSX-2014i was a replacement for the AX3. I'm not aware of there having been a previous Pioneer model also numbered 2014, so you're probably correct that the item you've seen is the same model.

TarPot

Excellent. Ordered and waiting for some DTS action. It's like christmas, I'm all excited.

Mr Twister

TarPot said:
That's great. Thanks for your opinion. Do you know if there is an older model of the VSX-2014i-s. Which would be VSX-2014-S. Because I've seen a site doing an excellent price, but it doesn't state VSX-2014i. I take the "i" to mean an i-link model? I think it is the same model but they have mis-listed it.

Can i ask what site you ordered from as iam thinking of getting one.

TarPot

Pixmania £576 delivered. Thought that was good.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom