1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer VSA-AX10 Problem!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by MarkHudds, Aug 10, 2002.

1. MarkHudds

Jun 12, 2002
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi all,

Encountered a strange problem on my 3 month old AX10 ...

I've only just got round to setting everything up, and I've found that the display the AX10 sends out through 'monitor out', when doing onscreen system setup, is shocking quality ... the white text is shaky and the grey background is fuzzy.

Additional when I route video sources through the amplifier (all types - composite, svideo and component) I get an interference pattern across the screen (herring bone lines).

I disconnected everything to eliminate dodgy leads etc ... and I've found that its when you add speakers to the AX10, the picture interference gets worse. No speakers connected = perfect video pass through ... 1 pair = slight interference, 1 pair + centre = worse interference and 5.1 setup = a picture not worth watching! I've tried different speaker cables to no avail.

I'd really appreciate it i anyone has any ideas, as I'll be sending the amp back at this rate!

(Sound side of things is superb by the way!)

Cheers, Mark.
  2. Army Bloke2

Army Bloke2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Sounds to me as though you have your power cables running parallel with your speaker cables. If they have to run together, try splitting them up somehow (one above & one below the carpet etc) or better still, split them up completly.

If they must cross, cross them at right angles. They should not run next to each other at all.