1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer v230a

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by sime, Jul 9, 2004.

1. sime

sime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    has anybody ever had any of these speakers(pioneer v230a)or any other packages from the pioneer range. what do they rate?

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I have not heard these speakers but whilst Pioneer make great AV Amps, dvd players and plasma screens they are not reknowned for the quality of their speakers.

Having said that, you are looking at a pair of floorstanders plus a centre and rears which is now available for a total of only £97.95.

The centre speaker is arguably the most important speaker for home cinema as it handles 75% (that's a guess) of the total sound output. It is important that it is a tonal match for the left and right speakers otherwise the sound stage will sound disjointed.

I notice that whilst the main pair of speakers are a three way floorstanding design with 13cm, 7cm and 2.5cm drivers, the matching centre is fairly small and only contains one driver which is 8.3cm so I can't see how they would sound similar at all.

I don't know what one expects for under £100 but you should really try and listen to it first to make sure that you would be happy with it.