Pioneer UDP-LX500 owners thread

IntelliVolume

I am sending in my LX500 to be checked out as I have been having quite a few issues playing rental 4ks for a while now. Final straw was I tried to play a purchased LOTR 4K disc and only title screen showed. I am hoping they can resolve this as I do like the player - but if it can’t play 4ks then not so good - george
Where do you rent 4Ks? Are you in the States?

ggwoodland

Where do you rent 4Ks? Are you in the States?
no I am in the U.K. In the U.K. there is cinema paradiso, not many options these days since Amazon shut down lovefilm

IntelliVolume

You don’t need to be in the US to rent UHD BluRays. I used to rent from videobuster.de, they ship to both Germany and Switzerland.
I wasn't saying he had to be from the U.S.; was just wondering where he was renting from because in North America, the only options for renting such discs are via "Redbox" kiosks....but every market doesn't carry them (our region, for example, doesn't offer them; only DVD and Blu-ray).

IntelliVolume

no I am in the U.K. In the U.K. there is cinema paradiso, not many options these days since Amazon shut down lovefilm
I see; is this a mail-order kind of system? Just curious about what's out there...

Here in North America, as far as I know, there are only the "Redbox" physical rental kiosks, but not all of them offer UHD Blus, as I was explaining to the member above.

ggwoodland

Yes - you can decide how many you want (I am taking 4 per month) and then you post them back any time during the month - it is a pretty good service- george

IntelliVolume

Thanks George; I would definitely take advantage of that if I lived in your region.

benimaru

Had an issue with my LX500 today, it has no standby light and won’t turn on. Unplugged it for a bit and tried again but nothing. Tried another plug that works and still nothing.

Really strange as the previous day it worked and turned off without a hitch? Had no storms or power surges as everything else is fine.

gibbsy

Had an issue with my LX500 today, it has no standby light and won’t turn on. Unplugged it for a bit and tried again but nothing. Tried another plug that works and still nothing.

Really strange as the previous day it worked and turned off without a hitch? Had no storms or power surges as everything else is fine.
Still under warranty? It does have to have a repair as it could be the power supply itself. It use to be a quick repair normally unfortunately these aren't normal times.

benimaru

Was this a known problem with power supplies failing? I originally got it from Dan at the MovieRooms, but I understand he has left. I’ll reach out to Pioneer and see what they say.

gibbsy

Was this a known problem with power supplies failing? I originally got it from Dan at the MovieRooms, but I understand he has left. I’ll reach out to Pioneer and see what they say.
That's what I've experienced with two of my previous blu ray players both of which were Denons and as you've said they were working one day but not the next. I bought them off SSaV, as I did my LX500. The last Denon has been working perfectly ever since.

The only problem I've had with my LX500 has been it's odd occasional refusal to shut down unless the mains are turned off.

ggwoodland

Yes mine is in for repair at the moment, last status was waiting for parts from Pioneer. My one had a few issues playing 4ks - George

gibbsy

Mine played five multi channel SACDs and one DVD-A this morning without problem.

benimaru

Ggwoodland - Who did you send your to?
I contacted Pioneer and they just said to email one of their authorised repair centres, but as yet I haven’t had a reply.

ggwoodland

Ggwoodland - Who did you send your to?
I contacted Pioneer and they just said to email one of their authorised repair centres, but as yet I haven’t had a reply.
Looking at Gibbsy’s list it was ServiceCare in Oldham - they are the authorised repair centre for SSAV and as my unit was still in warranty they are handling the repair gratis - george

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom