1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer to laptop connection

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by paul147, Aug 15, 2004.

1. paul147

paul147

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone tell me if i can sucessfully connect a laptop,Dell Inspiron 9100(which i am about to purchase)?,which has a dvi monitor connector,to my pioneer vx5 amp by way of an dvi-hdmi connector, and displayed on my pdp434.

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,573
    Hello Paul

Your VSX-AX5i AV Receiver must be one of a kind it if has an HDMI Video connector on it!!!

The DVI Graphic output on your proposed Laptop can be connected to the HDMI Input on the 04HDE Media Receiver with a DVI to HDMI cable (or a DVI to HDMI adapter) - though only if your Laptop can be set to output 480i, 480P, 576i, 576P, 720P or 1080i; in other words the HDMI Digital Input on the Media Receiver is a Video Input.

There is an Analogue HD15 (VGA) Input on the Media Receiver too and this would be preferable if your running spreadsheets and the like at 1280x768@70Hz as converting these signals to 720P at 50 or 60 Hz will look pretty soft.

If your proposed Laptop is DVI-I (Digital + Analogue Out) you can get a low cost DVI to VGA adapter - see http://www.gefen.com/kvm/cables/dvi2vga.jsp

Best regards

Joe

3. paul147

paul147

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks joe,my mistake (must have been dreaming !!!)i meant the receiver not amp.
    paul

4. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,573
    Hello Paul

Too many Sunday Sherbets :)

Best regards

Joe