1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer tech. dept. say no isf calibration facility on pdp504

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by alwyn, Nov 19, 2003.

1. alwyn

alwyn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    In reply to my question on calibration of my new pdp 504 hde plasma,pioneer have replied that this model does not have the facility to do this. Any comments?

2. Diapason

Diapason

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    If this is true, it isn't good news! Gordon, have you heard anything?

Si

3. Costas

Costas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    For the benefit of those reading this thread only I copy what I said on another one:

What Pioneer is telling you is not totally wrong and untrue. I have spoken in detail with one of their engineers in a recent exhibition and he did show me references to at least two customers complaints in US where after ISF calibration performance was worse. It looks like that a lot has to do with the training and in depth knowledge ISF have on each model. With respect I recall Gordon earlier this year said he has not done a Pio 433HDE before and he had to check things himself... ( I did not go ahead with the service at that time because I could not afford the cost ).

Now what Pioneer is doing is working on ISF Certifications for the various models and this has started in US and Canada. At this time the 434 and 504 models we have here are not yet covered.
    See the following link:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/p...1141095,00.html