Pioneer TBR210 SCART->Svideo problem

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by mattross, Feb 14, 2005.

1. mattross

mattross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I am trying to connect my Pioneer TBR210 OnDigital freeview tuner to my Pioneer DVR420 DVD recorder. Because I only have 1 SCART input on the DVD recorder [already connected to ntl: cable] I have utilised a SCART->svideo+audio widget. It's one of the switchable types.

So the widget is connected from the AV out SCART on the freeview box and into the svideo+RCA audio connectors on the front of the DVD recorder. The widget is set to ouput. I get a picture on the DVD recorder but the colour is wrong, it looks like it's missing blue from what I can see. I have tried fiddling with the settings on the freeview box and DVD recorder with regards to input/output settings and I cannot get it changed. The DVD recorder does not offer any options for the L2 [svideo] input but the freeview box has rgb/composite for the VCR SCART out. In other words no built-in setting is going to help.

Can someone please explain what this problem is and how I might solve it?

Thanks.