Pioneer system cable alternative - any good?

SebD

Standard Member
Reaction score
Having looked at the 10m PDA-H03 system cable for the Pioneer plasmas, and seeing it at anything between £210 and £270 :eek: I then found these, from Keene Electronics:

http://www.keene.co.uk/multi.php?mycode=KH03

"Keene Electronics are now able to supply dual interconnect cables that allow you to site your media box further away from the Plasma display. These are high quality full foil shielded cables with gold plated contacts at a superb price."

Not only are they significantly cheaper - £159 for the 10m cable - but they also do other sensible lengths: a 7.5m cable @ £129, and a 5m cable @ £99.

Has anyone tried these? Are they any good? Because if so, they solve two problems of the Pioneer 10m cable: the price and the unwieldy length...

PsychicLemur said:
Having looked at the 10m PDA-H03 system cable for the Pioneer plasmas, and seeing it at anything between £210 and £270 :eek: I then found these, from Keene Electronics:

http://www.keene.co.uk/multi.php?mycode=KH03

"Keene Electronics are now able to supply dual interconnect cables that allow you to site your media box further away from the Plasma display. These are high quality full foil shielded cables with gold plated contacts at a superb price."

Not only are they significantly cheaper - £159 for the 10m cable - but they also do other sensible lengths: a 7.5m cable @ £129, and a 5m cable @ £99.

Has anyone tried these? Are they any good? Because if so, they solve two problems of the Pioneer 10m cable: the price and the unwieldy length...

If you search "pioneer" on ebay under "tv accessories" you`ll find various length cables such as 7 meters for under £150 new. Have used one myself, no problems.

Justin@UH said:
If you search "pioneer" on ebay under "tv accessories" you`ll find various length cables such as 7 meters for under £150 new. Have used one myself, no problems.

Hmm... found 2. One was the 10m one, starting at £150 plus £8 p&p (too long for my purposes!) and the other was a 5m one, starting at £99. Claims to be:

"THIS IS A BRAND NEW GENUIN PIONEER PLASMA SYSTEM LINK CABLE MEDIA BOX LEAD 5M LONG.I AM SELLING THIS BECAUSE I HAVE JUST PURCHASED A PIONEER PLASMA AND THE LEAD WAS TOO SHORT SO I AM SELL THIS OFF AT A GREAT PRICE.ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE ASK.THANKS FOR LOOKING"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Pioneer have never done a 5m cable? Standard is 3m, there's the 10m one, and they used to do a 7m one (which I believe is only suitable for older plasmas)...

The Keene leads will be cheaper, and the right length, if someone can confirm that they're decent quality...

PsychicLemur said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Pioneer have never done a 5m cable? Standard is 3m, there's the 10m one, and they used to do a 7m one (which I believe is only suitable for older plasmas)...

The Keene leads will be cheaper, and the right length, if someone can confirm that they're decent quality...

Pioneer have indeed in the past manufactured a 5 meter cable - called the PDA-H01A. They discontinued it a couple of years back (I know it exists, used to order them direct in bulk with plasmas from pioneer at the time and use one on my old PDP433!).

They only offer a 7 / 10 /30 meter option now, none remain in production.

In terms of ebay, I have one of the 7 meters, again no problem on a 506XDE. Can`t comment on the others, but don`t see any reason why would not be ok.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom