Pioneer Stuck Pixel advice.

Maki

Established Member
Reaction score
Our Pioneer LX5090 has developed a stuck pixel (magenta) about a third of the way up the screen in the middle.

What I am wondering is:

A) Will this go of it's own accord?

B) If not, is it worth contacting Pioneer to get them to do something? Bearing in mind there advice in the handbook, which says this is a consequence of the technology.

C) What experience have any of you had.

I have to say I cannot see it from my seating distance and it really is only noticable on a white or light background. Indeed my wife could not spot it from a couple of feet away.

There are far more important things in life to worry about than a stuck pixel but it is annoying knowing it is there. I have a 507 XD also, this is defect free.

We have had the LX 5090 twenty one months.:lease:

Personally, my feeling is that if you can't see it from your seating distance I wouldn't worry about it. I have a few stuck pixels on my plasma that can't be seen unless up close.

When I got one on my LCD Philips, I connected my laptop to the tv and used a pixel unsticker, it flashes a 3x3 pixel box where you want to unfreeze the pixel. it took about 15 minutes to come back to life, and not one problem since (touch wood)
The program I use is |MG| Dan's Dead Pixel Fixer 1.0.0.4 Download its free and as far as I know safe (no reports of malware)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom