1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PIoneer(?) Speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by trbradley, Jul 16, 2002.

1. trbradley

trbradley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone have, or know where I could get, the specs for a set of Pioneer (I think) speakers, model no. CS-83W? They're pretty old -scored them off my cousin.

Also, can anyone recommend a reasonable, inexpensive set of speakers appropriate for the rear centre in a 6.1 channel system? Preferably wall mountable, and about 80W and at least 6 Ohm

Thanks!

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Sorry Mate, don't know about Pioneer specs for those speakers, so can't comment. However with regard to extra rears, what speakers are you currently using as rears? Is it the Pioneers? Most people recommend using matching speakers for your surround sound, so if you have Missions (for example) at the rear already, then get another Mission so you have a uniform soundstage with matching tweeters. There are plenty of good rears out there in standard, bipole/dipole, etc form, but getting a full matching set is important/preferable.