1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by ciarancummins, Apr 4, 2005.

1. ciarancummins

ciarancummins
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am looking at buying a surround speaker set soon, and have been religously reading these forums and AV magasines. I possibly will go for a Canton CD-1 setup or I have also been looking at the mission m30 cinema package. I have recently been reviewing the pioneer site, oogling over a 43PDP XDE Plasma TV and noticed the nice speaker sets pioneer do. I can't find any supplier in Dublin so I was hoping someone in these forums has pioneers or has demo'd them recently. The sets I am interested in are: S-V60 or S-V32A

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/product_overview.jsp?category_id=161&__QSUB=1&taxonomy_id=62-99

Any comments or suggestions?

Cheers,
    Ciaran

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Pioneer surround setups are ok. The smaller sats tend to be a bit harsh IMO, but some people like that sound. Where they really struggle is with the subs. These little boxes don't go low enough for movies and will bottom-out/distort regularly.

Strangely, because the sub goes quite high (up to 200 hz if you believe the figures), they are actually fairly good for music. The sub takes over much of the mid-range that can be missed in other setups that are crossed-over (on the amp) at 80-100hz.

Just don't expect them to behave if they are given some welly.