• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Pioneer speakers

C

cherence

Please excuse me for what might be a dumb question, i have just ordered a Sony STR-DA2400ESB AV Receiver and I have been looking around for speakers. I remembered that I have some Pioneer speakers from a hI fi that is not used anymore. Can I ultilise them, they only seem to have red and black wires that gripped into the hi fi. Are these of any use and if so how do I connect them.

Thanks

terry

PSM1

Distinguished Member
What is the impedance of the speakers? Anything under 4 ohms should not be used with an AVR as you risk damaging it.
Also how do you intend to use the speakers? As a 2.0 system or alongside other speakers? It is going to be hard to match and hence integrate the Pioneer speakers into a complete system.
Personally I would just get a proper AV speaker set, something like the Q Accoustics 1010i set from Richer Sounds.

C

cherence

they are 8 ohms, I was just looking to use them as 2.0 until I could get something better,

thanks

PSM1

Distinguished Member
If they are 8ohm then you can use them with no issues. They may not sound the best but they will work fine as stop gap until you get a full speakers set.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom