Question Pioneer SP-T22A-LR, Scratching my head here...

Jaurhead

Novice Member
Reaction score
In March I picked up an Onkyo 636 with some Monoprice speakers and woofers. My current set up is a 7.3, and I finally added some Atmos-enabled speakers (Pioneer add-ons).

I'm trying to figure out what height to place the modules so that the sound effectively "bounces" off the ceiling (only 8' or 2.4m tall). My AV cabinet is still a work in progress but presently allows for the modules to be placed 27" (69cm) from the floor. At this height, they're well below ear level, but no matter how high I place them, I can still tell the audio is coming from the modules, and very little is reflected off the ceiling. What is reflected is mostly bits from the soundtrack; I've tried Mad Max, Gravity and Transformers 4 all with only the modules plugged in and then with all of the satellites

Here is a crude photo of the cabinet and speaker placement:
4BB666FE-B7D9-4C9C-87C0-642B5FFF6624_zpsnsjhkz30.jpg

The modules here are raised on top of empty boxes while I was testing different heights. I had them all the way up to the fronts and it still didn't produce much of an "overhead" effect.

Any experience with this issue? All the reviews on Amazon praised the bookshelf version and all of the online videos and reviews also spoke volumes about the effectiveness of them. Nothing much reported on the add-ons but I didn't want to spend another $100 for the bookshelf ones.

? How do you have 7.3 with Atmos speakers on a 636? I have a 737 and I can only do 5.1.2 or 7.1

? How do you have 7.3 with Atmos speakers on a 636? I have a 737 and I can only do 5.1.2 or 7.1
7.3 without Atmos running. Otherwise it would be 5.3.2. I use 3 subs, one on each output and a 3rd daisychained from the other.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom