1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer/sony/or what else

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by bob1, Nov 7, 2002.

Tags:
  1. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    HI
    At the moment i have a sony stdb930 and i'm thinking of changing for something with dpl2 and all the other new formats.I have not herd any yet and have up to £400 to spend.I have only looked on web sites and a few mags at the moment .

Models i have seen are the pioneer vsxd811 and sony 1080 but not seen much about them on the forums someone must have these amps what do they think of them?

more into dvd than cd...

oh bye the way its got to silver no gold (the wife) to fit with the rest off the system.

2. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can't go wrong with th Pioneer. Available in silver, sounds stonking and is £305 from BOS Electronics in Ruislip.

Welcome to the forum BTW.:)

3. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Both are great with movies, little to choose. If you liked your 940 then you will find the 1080 even better. It's great for music too and I would have thought had the edge on the Pioneer but that's from what others have said.

The Pioneer should be cheaper so it's really a matter of personal choice. I am delighted with my 1080 which I bought as a stop-gap before I get some real serious kit.

S

4. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Thanks for the input guys went down to the shop show room was shut due to short staff so didnt even get to see anything never mind hear anything :(