1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer SD-T50W1 Setup

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by apocklington, Aug 19, 2001.

1. apocklington

apocklington
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I need a service manual for this rear projection tv in order to setup the geometry correctly. <br />Does anyone have one that they could email me or know where I could obtain one. TIA

2. mart.stokes

mart.stokes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't have a service manual but I know how to get into the service menu. You would not believe where the switch is!!! (yes, none of your software switches, a real physical switch).

I have to say that the chances of gtting it perfect are slim but you can certainly get it better than when the darn thing is delivered.

Unless you feel totally confident in what you are doing do not attempt to mess with it and write every setting down before you change it AND every time you mess with the geometry it resets the convergence on the nine point convergence system (bummer).

The switch is in a little hole on the panel behind the drop down flap, you will need a paper clip or something similar to push it in.

3. apocklington

apocklington
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks mjs, i know how to get into service mode but what i want to know is, what is the correct sequence of events and what all the things mean.

4. mart.stokes

mart.stokes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had to work the geometry settings out from scratch. I used a white on black grid from Video Essentials then started altering values to see what they did, most of the settings are split into a horizontal and a vertical version. The ones I can remember are pin (pincushion), lin (linearity), size (size!), bow (bow of the picture). I will see what documentation I may have that will help and I will get back in touch (may be later this week).

5. apocklington

apocklington
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Mart. <br />Also do you make use of RGB, I have and get a great picture but there is a green tint to everything (RGB output from Pioneer 626 DVD and Sky digital) do you have this problem, Any Ideas. TIA

Tony

6. mart.stokes

mart.stokes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The green tint thing, what I ended up doing was taking the front panel off (below the screen) and by carefully using a VE grey scale I backed off the green adjustment. Does it affect the s-video/normal input? Yes, it apears slightly redish but because I don't know where the actual RGB adjustments are there was little else I could do.

Mmh, perhaps we DO need to search for a workshop manual!

7. apocklington

apocklington
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mart<br />Before you go sending emails to pioneer, I have already tried that but from the reply I got they didn't seem to want to know. I think what we need to do is try and find a nice kind TV engineer who might be able to obtain one for us.

Tony

8. mart.stokes

mart.stokes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Raptor, it has been so long since I set my set up there are things I keep remembering (sorry!). On the green tinge thing, what you also need to do (this will NOT make sense but please try it and let me know what happens) is when watching RGB switch the colour system away from Auto to Pal. I leave mine all the time in Pal and the only time I ever get a problem is when I attempt to watch an NTSC DVD through my s-video link (not very often).

Now, I have brought into work what little info I have on the TV including a good write up in Spanish on seting convergence and geometry through the service menu (it is easy to follow). If you e-mail me your postal address I will send it to you. I won't photocopy the info because there are large fold out documents and I believe you need to see the "whole" before you photocopy them so that they make sense to you. All I ask is that you return them promptly once you have copied them.

Cheers.

Cheers.