Pioneer screen life!!!!!!!!

StevePn

Established Member
Reaction score
:lease: Could anyone tell me what hours screen life Pioneer 436 should have.

Thanks
Steve

As far as I know Pioneer claim 60k hours for their xx6 series.
In 'Plasma Terminology' that means that after this time the panel brightness decreases to 50% of its original value.
Compared to LCD this would mean (given the numbers are real) that after this time a xx6 plasma would have the same brighness as a new LCD.
Pio claims 1.100 cd for their plasmas, LCDs typically come in at 550 cd.

Wolfgang

StevePn said:
:lease: Could anyone tell me what hours screen life Pioneer 436 should have.

Thanks
Steve
hi

i` checked with pioneer about this before buying my 436xde they told me it was 25,000hrs before it starts to dull but the pioneer is one of the brightest plasma screens out there so don`t think that it will take much to adjust it.Anyway 25,000hrs equates to about 4.5yrs if used 12hrs a day not that bad is it.

:smashin: :cool: :smashin:

25000hrs is a bit too short screen life :rolleyes:

stainway said:
25000hrs is a bit too short screen life :rolleyes:

More like half-life?

I think CRT is only about 30,000 hours though.

Anyway, I don't think it will be the brightness that kills a plasma more like power supplies, children throwing objects around the lounge or that damn constant need to upgrade...

thinking about this some more. It's more likely to be a max of 6 hours a day isn't it? At 25,000 hours that equates to 11.4 years. I've never owned anything electronic for that long.

The effect is GRADUAL. You probably will not notice the brightness lesson over the years.

Have you noticed your CRT drop it's brightness over the past 3-5-7yrs?

Just set the brightness to 'reasonble' levels to start with and you won't notice when it is to half brightness. Those numbers are from FULL BRIGHTNESS IIRC. I don't know about you but I never have any of my tv/ monitors on full brightness to start with.

It's no big deal and you will probably have something or other go wrong with any piece of technology you have anyway :p

Koing

Whats funny is, how many of us EVER thought about 'screen life' when it came to the common CRT?? I know I have never cared enough to ask with any of my older TV's. I always replaced them before they died! :smashin:

All the big manufacturers do quote 60 000 hours in their brochures, to half brightness. That's a long time, about 6 years of 24/7 time? I can't believe it will ever be an issue, something else will go pop if you turn on your screen and emigrate!
I had another thought, I wondered how much this would cost in electricity, for those paranoid about costs. At current costs, that will be £1072 on the electricity bill, to leave it on for 6 years. In normal use, say, 5 hours per day?? it would be £3 per month. Something else to take into account in your costing of screen life.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom